ZEN Fly Fishing: History of New Pages
This highlights new pages that were added to the Zen Fly Fishing site. Just click on the underlined links to go directly to the new pages. You can also access them from the menus.
The lastest galleries (currently, the Fall 2005 Gallery will be updated with pictures and a short fishing report for every trip I make.
- June 23, 2006: Added the Summer 2006 Gallery - Summer Solstice was on June 21, 2006 - it snuck up on me this year.
- April 19, 2006: Added the Spring 2006 Gallery
- January 9, 2006: Added the Winter 2005/2006 Gallery
- September 27, 2005: Added the Fall 2005 Gallery (Autumnal Equinox was on August 22)
- September 24, 2005: Published two new articles and added a memorial to Jim Lazarotti's interview. I also changed the ZFF menus to separate the interview articles from techniques.
- July 31, 2005: I finally revised the ZFF equipment page with more detail and showing my current gear set.
- July 2, 2005: I revised the ZFF flies page. The Surf Miki 3 shows my recent tie and updated information and I added my new Red/Orange Shrimp Pattern - see the 3rd fly down. I call it the Zen Shrimp.
- June 23, 2005: Added the Summer 2005 Gallery (Summer Solstice was on June 21 - Big Spawners - finally! See June 23, 2005)
- March 21, 2005: Added the Spring 2005 Gallery (Spring Equinox was on March 20 - Happy Spring!)
- January 13, 2005: Added the Winter 2004/2005 Gallery
- September 27, 2004: Added Phillip Kim to Reader's Gallery (Phillip has come a long ways since his fist fly fishing trip to the beach in early 2003!)
- September 22, 2004: Added the Fall 2004 Surf Gallery (Autumnal Equinox, the 1st day of Fall is September 22, 2004)
- August 10, 2004: Jim Lazarotti Interview (Jim is a Santa Cruz area native and has been fly fishing local waters for long time)
- July 7, 2004: Added Lee Rice to Reader's Gallery (Lee is has great enthusiasm for catching barred surfperch on flies - he loves this game!)
- June 22, 2004: Added the Summer 2004 Surf Gallery (Summer Solstice, the 1st day of summer was June 21, 2004)
- May 14, 2004: Added photo of the Red-eyed Miki
and tying notes - see the variations section.
- April 21, 2004: Added a new HOT fly pattern, the Zen Worm by Jim T.
- March 22, 2004: Added the Spring 2004 Surf Gallery (Vernal Equinox, the 1st day of spring was on March 20, 2004)
- January 19, 2004: Added the Winter 2003/2004 Gallery (I finally got out to the beach again! )
- January 5, 2004: Added the Family Gallery (old pictures from a Yoshimoto family album)
- October 3, 2003: Added the Fall 2003 Gallery (the first day of fall (Autumnal Equinox) was September 23, 2003)
- September 29, 2003: Added Wayman Lee to Reader's Gallery (Wayman has been consistently into barred perch since his first trip in summer of 2002)
- August 3, 2003: Added Charles Carter to Reader's Gallery (Charles' first day on the beach put him into a nice school of barred surfperch which is contrary to the many lessons in humility that most of us go through.)
- July 20, 2003: Added Harley and Gary Crawford (father and son) to Reader's Gallery (ZFF readers that love surf fishing with a fly rod and they drive 2-hrs from Manteca regularly to do it! I fished with them on July 17, 2003 and they had their best day ever.)
- July 18, 2003: Added Craig Scovill to Reader's Gallery (A ZFF reader - I bumped into him on July 10. He has come a long ways since April 2003. He casts a mean spey rod for stripers and surfperch!)
- July 9, 2003: Added Richard Hector to Reader's Gallery (A ZFF reader - I fished with him on July 7 and he had an amazing day!)
- June 30, 2003: Added the Summer 2003 Gallery (the first day of summer was June 21, 2003)
- May 31, 2003: Changed the Surf Miki 3 tail material from artic fox tail to EP-Silky Fibers and other changes (The new EP material has as much action and more resistant to wearing down. The Surf Miki 3 is still the hot fly for me!)
- April 30, 2003: Added Perry Wong to Reader's Gallery (7th grader, quick study, loves fly fishing and does extremely well already!)
- April 25, 2003: Added a new report under techniques, Why do walleyes have such big eyes? compelling evidence that walleyes feed higher in the water column than barred surfperch. If you live for grabs or are targeting large barred surfperch, you have to read this report.
- April 19, 2003: Added Dave Sellers to Reader's Gallery (top west coast striper fly fisherman loves the beach too!)
- March 31, 2003: Added the Spring 2003 Gallery (the first day of spring was March 21, 2003)
- March 27, 2003: Added What does horseshoeing have to do with perch fishing? - Interview of a Master Grub Fisherman, Ron Martin a new interview article under Techniques.
- March 16, 2003: Cleaned up the flies page layout and improved the summary information about the flies that I use.
- March 15, 2003: Added a new version of the Surf Miki (a new hot fly for me recently)
- February 23, 2003: Added Exciting Moments Stories (my really exciting fishing moments)
- February 23, 2003: Expanded the About Beaches article with more detail
- February 19, 2003: Added Ron Martin to Reader's Gallery (year around perch fanatic!)
- January 21, 2003: Added CCRP Aerial Photos of Greater SF Pennisula Sandy Beaches to allow virtual survey of key beaches
- December 22, 2002: Added an article about Barred Surfperch, learn about our favorite surfperch
- December 5, 2002: Winter 2002/2003 Gallery
- October 22, 2002: Added a Striper Gallery
- October 3, 2002: Added a Reader's Gallery for photos and reports from ZFF readers with Brett Peterson's entry.
- September 2, 2002: Added Instant Master? - Interview of an exceptional fisherman, an interview article under techniques.
- August 25, 2002: Released ZEN Fly Fishing v1.0
Questions or Comments Contact:
Los Gatos, California
zen fly fishing home